主题

帖子

威望

禁止发言

交易诚信度
注册时间
2005-10-6
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-26 11:57 | 显示全部楼层
A level of musicality that I've never heard from a solid state amp befo-re.... this amp combines the details of solid state with the musicality of tubes... o-r that could just be my source, I'm not sure at this point.

- Balanced inputs are definitely louder and mo-re detailed than single ended. But the volume on SE inputs are no slouch either. This amp has mo-re than enough balls fo-r my HD800 and can drive any headphone to extremely loud levels.

- Details are superb, even micro-details are able to be heard without being overly analytical.

- No sibilance at all, a perfect match fo-r the HD800. As I figured, this amp responds well to different power co-rds. So far I've tried the Audio-gd exclusive power co-rd and my Locus Design Group Axis. The Axis is much better but it should be, it costs as much as the Phoenix.

- Anyone who loves tubes will feel at home with this amp. It is so musical and I would say slightly on the warm side. I certainly wouldn't say what I'm hearing is neutral but that could be the fault of my source, again I'm not sure yet.

- I think I prefer the Phoenix to the Phonito-r. However the Phonito-r has better soundstaging due to it's speaker angle customization. The soundstage of the Phoenix is not wide no-r deep, but very comfo-rtable to listen to. Tonality is warm, sounds very much like the Woo Audio tube amps I heard at CanJam.

- I can't tell yet what this amp is best at, and it may not be the best in any particular area, but so far I find it to be the most musically-and-detailed-combo solid state amp I've heard overall.... but I need a LOT mo-re listening time to give mo-re accurate impressions.

- Well wo-rth every penny I paid fo-r this amp. You won't find this level of sound quality o-r build quality in a headphone amp anywhere close to this price.

- Volume knob is great, I love the rotary selecto-rs. They do make a somewhat loud clicking noise inside the chassis as they are being rotated when the amp is on, so that must be the relays, but it is not bothersome at all (and I'm super picky). The clicking noise it makes through the headphones (coming out of the drivers) is extremely minimal and stops clicking at around 60 out of 99. My comfo-rtable listening level through SE inputs/SE output is at 55. On balanced input/SE output it's 41, so there isn't much difference in apparent volume to me. I couldn't imagine turning this thing up to 99, it would blow my eardrums out as well as my headphones. Don't try it.

- This amp gets hot. Luckily, it's really close to my wall unit A/C.
北昌影音
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

威望

禁止发言

交易诚信度
注册时间
2005-10-6
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-26 11:57 | 显示全部楼层
我从来没听过晶体管机有这样的音乐性。这个放大器结合了晶体管机的细节还原力与胆机的音乐性,可能这是源于我的信号源,这是我不能确定的。

平衡输入确实比RCA输入要音量大一些及具有更多细节。这个放大器具有足够的功率驱动HD800或任何耳机产生足够的音压。

细节还原极好,即使细微的细节也能够听到而不觉得声音尖锐。

没有尖锐的齿音,与HD800简直是完美的搭配。如我想象,这个放大器能很好地表现出不同电源线的分别。我对比了audio-gd的电源线与Locus Design Group Axis, Axis 好很多但这是理所当然的,它的价格与凤凰一样昂贵。

任何人喜欢胆机的话会对凤凰一见钟情。它具有相当音乐性及稍暖,我确实不能说我听到的是中性的声音但可能问题出在我的信号源上,我也不能确定。

我认为我喜欢凤凰多于Phonitor。 然而Phonitor有更好的音场,原因是它专门为音箱而设计。 凤凰的音场不宽深,但非常适合聆听。音色暖和,非常象我在CanJam听到的Woo audio 胆机。

我不能说凤凰是最好的,它可能没有突出哪方面,但我发现在音乐性与细节中,这是我唯一听到的晶体管机。 我需要更多时间聆听去给出精确的评价。

这个放大器物超所值。 在这个价位你不能找到任何音质或制造工艺相近的机器。

音量旋钮也是非常优秀的,我喜欢这个旋转式的旋钮。旋钮它们时听到机器内有些继电器的响声,但不觉得苦恼 ( 我是非常吹毛求疵的)。继电器的响声也在耳机中听到但非常细小,在60-99这段音量范围内是听不到了。 我用RCA输入单端输出时音量是55。平衡输入单端输出时是41。这不是太大的明显分别,但我不能想象将音量开到99,这可能损坏耳机或令我的耳朵失聪,还是不要尝试为好。

-         这个放大器较热,但幸运地它较靠近我的空调。
丹拿新意境
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

威望

禁止发言

交易诚信度
注册时间
2005-10-6
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-26 11:58 | 显示全部楼层
That I haven't spent significant time with? O-r that I have?
I'm a pretty good judge of sound quality without spending a ton of time with an amp. I know whether it can reveal details, sounds natural, has good soundstage and imaging, has good tonal balance, o-r is too strident. I personally want an amp that sounds natural, and no solid state amp has really given me that which is why I pursue it.... it's part of the reason I love this hobby. In the Phoenix (now spending even mo-re time with it), I think I've now found this. And it makes me so so happy!

And by the way, now that the Phoenix has warmed up (and this amp really needs to warm up) the sound quality is even better. It's mo-re neutral and still just as musical, but it sounds natural. "Natural" is what I look fo-r in equipment. I want something that presents the music the way I would hear it in real life. This is probably the ONLY amp I've owned, o-r listened to and considered purchasing that I can honestly say I cannot see myself selling in the future.

I had the Phonito-r ($2K) in my home fo-r a few days and got very familiar with it's sound signature, so much so that I have a very distinct memo-ry of it. The Phoenix is a better amp (I've given impressions on it in a thread I started). And the Phonito-r sounded better to me than Ti's B22 (detailed but not very musical) I heard at CanJam, and that costs around $2K fo-r someone to build. It stomps all over the Co-rda Opera (which is a toy in comparison) and that was around $1300 when I bought it. I love the Ampho-ra ($1K) and how natural sounding it was (but not the detail king) but the Phoenix is in a different league. The Rudisto-r RPX-300 ($2.5K) is a great amp (even though I didn't have much time with it) and has a very smooth presentation, but the Phoenix is mo-re natural sounding. I didn't really care fo-r the Luxman P-200 ($1.6K) with the HD800 as it just wasn't a good match, lacking in detail and musicality. The RSA Apache ($3K) is a great amp with excellent soundstage but a tad too warm fo-r my tastes.

I hope those are enough reference points but if you want me to expound on any particular amp listed above I will be glad to do so to the best of my ability. And keep in mind all those amps had different sources on them, but many of them significantly mo-re expensive than my DAC, yet I am mo-re impressed with what I have in my home now. Also, if you are familiar with my posts you'll know I talk a lot about power co-rds and how much of a difference they make with different gear. They may make mo-re of a difference in my apartment because like most apartments, the power isn't as clean as a direct line going into a house because it shares the return, and line noise travels. The best time to evaluate equipment in any home is late at night (between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m.) when power usage is at the lowest.
音联邦
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

威望

禁止发言

交易诚信度
注册时间
2005-10-6
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-26 11:59 | 显示全部楼层
我能对器材进行深入评价而不必花费大量的时间。我知道它是否具有细节,音质是否中性,是否有好的音场与定位,音色是否平衡或尖锐。我喜欢音质中性但之前没有晶体管放大器能令我满意。这是我喜欢这个放大器的原因。我现在找到了凤凰,它令我非常高兴。

另外,现在凤凰已经暖机(这个放大器真的需要暖机),音质更好了,更中性但依然具有音乐性,但它音质是中性的。 中性是我寻觅的原因。我需要听到音乐的真谛。这可能是我最终拥有的唯一的放大器,我可以肯定说我不会再转售它。

我有Phonitor(2000美元)一段时间,音色也很接近凤凰。但凤凰是更好的放大器(我已经在第一贴中提及过了)。 Phonitor 比Ti的B22 要好 (B22有细节却没有音乐性)。我在CanJam上听到某君制作的B22也大约2000美元。凤凰完全无视Corda Opera(相对那只是一个玩具而已),我购买Corda Opera时是1300美元。我喜欢Amphora,它大约1000美元,它声音中性但细节不是长处,而凤凰却是在另外的一个档次。Rudistor RPX-300 (2500美元)是一个优秀的放大器,尽管我没有使用很多时间,非常耐听。但凤凰是更中性。我很不在意Luxman P-200 (1600美元)与HD800的不良搭配。缺少细节与音乐性。Apache(3000美元)是一个优秀放大器但对于我来说太暖了。

我希望这些观点足够参考但如果你希望我对每台放大器的听感进行细述我会尽力而为。这些放大器都比我的信号源要昂贵得多。如果你有留意我过去的贴子我说了很多电源线的分别及与器材的搭配。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

威望

禁止发言

交易诚信度
注册时间
2005-10-6
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-26 11:59 | 显示全部楼层
Ok, mo-re impressions.

The black background, oh that glo-rious background. I've never heard such a black background through a headphone amp, EVER. The CAST is amazing in that you can listen at low volumes and hear every ounce of detail you would at louder levels.

I'm not sure if this is my source o-r the amp (I really think it's my source) but there is a slight recessed midrange fo-r sure. Those of you who really like a fo-rward midrange may find this amp lacking. You are not up on stage with the band, you are at least 10 rows back. But again, this could be my source and I will confirm this at the meet. I also have no doubt that this amp will be a showstopper. Mo-re transparency than I've ever heard from a headphone amp... and also confirms my own belief that a source is not 60% - 70% of the sound of your system... the amp is just as impo-rtant, and has held back my system in the past.

This sucker gets HOT! I am going to put vinyl bumpers below the aluminum feet (my girlfriend found some in her drawer). The power supply section gets much hotter than the amp section. I tried picking it up and if I had held it fo-r mo-re than a few seconds I would have burned my fingers. As hot as the top and back panel get, the underside is wo-rse.

Another thing I also noticed, and this may just be crazy of me to think, but when you take a break from playing music while the amp still remains on, it sounds better fo-r the first minute o-r two when you start it up again. After that, it seems to change the signature ever so slightly. This could just be my ears but I'll wait fo-r others to confirm o-r deny this.

Regarding whether o-r not I would still purchase the Sonett, yes I would because it offers another flavo-r and a mo-re upfront midrange. Between the two if I only could choose one I'd choose the Phoenix because it has the blackest background I've ever heard which lets every subtle nuance through, and there is zero sibilance with the HD800.

Also, I tried it with the K702 and it sounds great but the HD800 are still miles above it. I actually wonder how Kingwa could design the amp using a lesser headphone since he can't possibly hear all the details through a phone like the K702 o-r HD600. I'd really like to know which headphones he used to design it.

I don't know if any of you are listening to it with balanced inputs right now but don't be too critical of the amp if you aren't. It sounds excellent with SE but even better with balanced. I can't even imagine how good it will sound once I get my balanced HD800 cable. I also plan on using the supplied extra DC connecto-rs to make a different cable to compare against the included Sharkwire one. Right now I am also using his Sharkwire XLR cables but am going to swap out fo-r the Monoprice XLR and see how they compare.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

威望

禁止发言

交易诚信度
注册时间
2005-10-6
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-26 12:00 | 显示全部楼层
第三楼

Ok, 更多的听感。

纯黑的背景,我从来没有听到耳放有这样纯黑的背景。CAST 是惊奇的是你可以在低音量时听到细微的细节。

我不能确定是我的信号源还是放大器稍缺少中频(我真的认为是我的信号源)。你不是在舞台的边缘,而是在大约第十排。但再次说这可能是我的信号源问题,我会交流会上确定是否。我也不怀疑这个放大器会令人喝彩。我从来没听过如此透明度的放大器。也确定信号源不是占60-70%比重,放大器是更重要的。

另外一件事令我疯狂,当你停止听音乐只是休息一下,让凤凰一直开着,再听的时候过一两分钟,声音会更好。它象在不断改善中,这有可能是我耳朵的问题但我会找其他人去确定。

我有可能会购买Sonett, 因为它有更突出的中频。但如果只能二选一,我选择凤凰,因此它有纯黑的背景令我可以听到细微的分别,及与HD800搭配时没有齿音。

我试听K702,音质非常好但还是比HD800差得远。我很好奇Kingwa如何只用几个耳机就可以设计凤凰,他不可能用K702或HD600听到所有的细节,我真的想知道他用什么耳机去设计凤凰。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

威望

高级会员

交易诚信度
注册时间
2005-5-31
发表于 2009-6-26 13:13 | 显示全部楼层
[s:20] [s:20]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

威望

禁止发言

交易诚信度
注册时间
2005-10-6
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-26 16:26 | 显示全部楼层
更多评论

Yeah, I'm afraid to even talk about the SQ at this point because I don't want some people jumping down my throat fo-r giving mo-re positive impressions. But I'll say that I do not want to take the headphones off of my head. I can say with high confidence (but not positive) that there is no other SS headphone amp of this caliber (even though many come close). I'm also pretty confident that the impressions from other people at the L.A. Meet will back up my claims. And I have yet to try it with balanced outputs.
我不希望被别人打断我发表更多的评论。但我会说我不愿意让耳机离开我的脑袋。我很大信心(但不是肯定)说这是没有其他晶体管耳机放大器可以达到(即使只是接近)。我也很大信心我的评论会在L。A的交流会上得到验证。我现在用平衡输出。
That was also one of the first impressions I gave Les, that it combines the best of tube and SS. I'm glad you echo my feelings on that.
Les,这也是我第一印象,很高兴得到你的认同,凤凰结合了胆机与晶体管机中最好的部分。
It drives the HD800 better than any other amp I've tried it with, and I have a feeling much of that has to do with the massive amount of headroom this amp has. The power output ratings are extremely high and exactly what I was looking fo-r. The funny thing is that I am actually PREFERRING to listen at lower volumes because you can hear all the details at low volumes that you can at higher volumes!!!
它驱动HD800比任何我听过的耳放要更好,具有非常广大的头顶空间。输出强大而精确,这正是我所寻求的。有趣的是我更喜欢用小音量去聆听,因为你可以听到所有大音量时能听到的细节。
Kingwa will do very well with sales of this amp, that much I'm absolutely positive of. I just hope he doesn't decide to jack up the price like he did with the REF-1. With that said, even if this amp cost $3,000, I'd still want to buy it.

Kingwa会令这个放大器得到畅销。这是我十分肯定的。我只希望他不要提高价格,就象REF-1一样。但我会说,即使凤凰卖3000美元,我也依然要买。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

威望

禁止发言

交易诚信度
注册时间
2005-10-6
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-27 15:35 | 显示全部楼层
另外一位爱好者的评论:

I have no real opinion as to the sound of the Phoenix as a Headphone amplifier. I received a loaner pair of balanced Grado GS-1000's, the only problem being that I have no point of reference. The last and only time that I listened to the GS-1000's was when they showed up at the very end of the first national meet, how long ago was that? years.
我没有真正关于凤凰作为耳放的观点。我收到了一个别人借来的Grado GS-1000。但问题是我没有参考。之前我只是在一年前在国际交流会上听过。
I am however using and enjoying the Phoenix as a Preamp. As a preamp it is at least as good as any $3000 preamp I've ever heard. At the asking price it is a raging bargain. Based on sound quality and build quality the Phoenix perfo-rms as well as o-r better than preamps that are sold fo-r $3000 - $5000. The Phoenix as a preamp is far exceeding my expectations. As with all equipment evaluations it ends up being totally subjective.
我非常喜爱使用凤凰的前级功能。作为前级它最少可以比美我听过的任何3000美元的前级。在价格上凤凰只属于一个便宜货。但音质与制作工艺,凤凰可以比美一些3000-5000美元的商品前级。凤凰作为前级远超过我的期望。所有器材的评论都只是主观的。
Based upon it's preamplifier perfo-rmance and how it sounds driving the GS-1000's (Remember no reference point) I am fairly confident that fo-r the asking price (Especially fo-r the promotional price of $1000) it is an absolute bargain. How it stacks up against the two and three times as expensive amplifiers that people are asking about (B22, GS-X, Apache) will take some time to determine. IMO however what has already been determined is that it is a screaming bargain at the asking price. If you have the 2-3 thousand dollars necessary to purchase any of the mo-re expensive amplifiers, and you are searching fo-r the Best Amplifier fo-r you, I'd suggest that you wait until you have a chance to audition all of the possibilities. Then if the Phoenix beats the competition you can buy one fo-r $1330 and you will have paid $330 fo-r the security of being sure about your purchase decision. If it doesn't beat the much mo-re expensive competition you can then confidently buy your $3000 amplifier.

凤凰驱动GS-1000怎样?(注意这是没有参照物的)。我绝对肯定售价(特别是促销价1000美元)是相当便宜的。至于对比那些2 倍甚至3倍价格的器材如B22,GS-X,Apache等就要时日去验证了。但我肯定凤凰是一个令人尖叫惊愕的便宜货。如果你有2-3千美元想买个最好的放大器,我建议你找个机会对比听一下凤凰。如果凤凰能打败对比的对手,你只不过多花了330美元作为保险金。如果凤凰不能打败昂贵的对手,你可以放心购买3000美元的放大器。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

威望

禁止发言

交易诚信度
注册时间
2005-10-6
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-28 12:54 | 显示全部楼层
I think I should stop giving excited impressions fo-r awhile. Every time I think I have a handle on the situation and think my system is excellent just the way it is, something else comes along and just shatters my previous opinions of it. (No comments from the peanut gallery, please.)

I received my APuresound V3 HD800 balanced super nylon cable w/ Rhodium Furutech connecto-rs about an hour ago. Now, I'll start off by saying that this time of day is less than ideal fo-r critical listening fo-r two reasons: 1) Power usage is at its highest and audio equipment sounds less than sublime, unless of course you have a power regenerato-r, and 2) listening critically means I have to turn my A/C unit off and then it gets extremely hot in here, living in southern Califo-rnia, and being uncomfo-rtable is not the frame of mind you want to be in when trying to listen to music. So keep this in mind when reading the following, and know that I will follow it up later tonight when power usage is at its lowest:

The difference going to a balanced cable from SE (on this amp) is probably the largest difference in tonal balance and a complete, enveloping sensation that I've ever experienced anywhere in my system, at any point in time. It's so dramatic a difference that now I have no clue which direction to go in next.

Is it Alex's cable that is so good? Is it the amp itself that just puts out an entirely different sound balanced? O-r is it both?

There are elements of SE output (with balanced input) that I actually prefer and I really want to hear what a good SE HD800 cable will sound like on this amp. They are: 1) There is a defined soundstage, and it's further away from you. 2) It doesn't ever sound like the music is coming from transducers on your ears. But SE sounds flat and lifeless IN COMPARISON to balanced output.

In every other area the balanced cable just shatters SE, but the areas listed above are ones I find extremely impo-rtant. The balanced configuration offers a much fuller sound, better tonal balance, an encompassing sensation that extends at least 270 degrees around your head, midrange and bass take center stage (whereas befo-re the treble was the most detailed part of the spectrum), better imaging, better dynamics, and a mo-re natural presentation overall. But there is no seemingly well-defined soundstage and because the midrange and bass are so much mo-re present and full-bodied, I can often tell that the music is coming from two transducers on my head, even if it sounds like they are not right next to my ears. Center image is nicely defined and vocals sound as true to life as I've heard them. Treble is soft and extended, every detail can be heard but not strident in any way.

This is going to take some getting used to and I need to tho-roughly compare this fully balanced configuration to other amps at the L.A. Meet. But I'm pretty sure my next purchase will be a power regenerato-r. I also need to try some different cable configurations and let my amp warm up fo-r another 2 o-r 3 hours. Also, the balanced output on the amp may need some burn-in time, too.

上文大意说之前对凤凰的评论都是基于单端输出.

现在收到了HD800的平衡耳机线,才发现之前的评论是毫无意义毫无生命力的.

之前说象坐在前面每十排听音乐.

换上平衡耳机线,用凤凰的平衡输出,感觉就象坐地乐队中听音乐,提供270度的音场.可以感觉到歌者,乐手如是此接近.以至象看到歌者的容貌,及乐手弹吉他的手指与琴弦的变化.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

威望

初级会员

交易诚信度
注册时间
2004-2-22
发表于 2009-6-28 13:20 | 显示全部楼层
楼主在自弹自唱[s:14]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

威望

禁止发言

交易诚信度
注册时间
2005-10-6
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-28 18:28 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 qaz 于 2009-6-28 13:20 发表
楼主在自弹自唱[s:14]

再来一段-----------
一小段关于凤凰的前级水平的

the only preamp even close to the same price range that I've listened to is my Aragon 24K with IPS Power Supply (about $1250 1990 Dollars). Unfo-rtunately there is no comparison. The Phoenix is better in every single way and not by a small margin. I've been in the high end audio business fo-r 25 years. I go to all of the audio shows, I travel the country visiting dealers. I make it my business to know what's what in audio. I could name multiple preamps that the Phoenix is better than, but that's not what I am going to do. Since you choose to ridicule others fo-r being enthusiastic and believing in things that you don't. I'm using the phoenix with a $2200 power cable, so obviously I'm insane and my opinions don't matter. It's closed minded attitudes like yours that suck the fun and joy out of this hobby.

在我手头只有Aragon 24K加上IPS电源处理器的价格是最接近凤凰的,是1250+1990美元。
但不幸地这完全无需要对比,凤凰在各方面的优胜不是一点点。我从事Hi-end生意25年,参加所有的音响展及到各地去会见音响商,我清楚什么叫音响。我可以说出大批不及凤凰的前级的名字但我不会这样做。现在我使用一条2200美元的电源线连接凤凰,明显地可能认为我是神经病但我不认为是。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

威望

新手上路

交易诚信度
注册时间
2005-10-8
发表于 2009-6-28 21:21 | 显示全部楼层
市场运作比乐之邦要好一些,但真正素质如何还需检验,想当年朝露也吹得一塌糊涂,实际如何大家应该也知道,呵呵!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

威望

禁止发言

交易诚信度
注册时间
2005-10-6
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-28 21:34 | 显示全部楼层
更多用户心得不能全部转贴,均在此处,如今已达到59页,800几贴子.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5 ... 417553/index59.html
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

活动推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|客服:010-60152166 邮箱:zx@jd-bbs.com|广告合作|账号注销|家电联盟网

京公网安备 11010602010207号 ( 京ICP证041102号,京ICP备09075138号-9 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 10:23 , Processed in 0.176090 second(s), 27 queries , Gzip On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表